THE FABIA CLUB Forum Index THE FABIA CLUB
A Fabiosi's Hangout place

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE FABIA CLUB Forum Index -> Engine Block & Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k_ajay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Spare Parts list - latest from Autocar India July 2010 Reply with quote

jbarai wrote:
thanks much sir. you saved me a 100 bucks )

No problem sir. Baad mein, kabhi 50 bucks ka treat karva dena Wink lol... kidding.

jbarai wrote:
it is quite viewable. even from windows mobile !

And that, my friend, is the magic of 18 megapixel.. Happy it is of use.

Cheers
aK
uneet
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys pls post some details for second services done. My diesel classic is due for the second time now.
Warranty is expiring on 27th...... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
k_ajay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uneet wrote:

Warranty is expiring on 27th...... Rolling Eyes

lol Uneet.. I quite agree with rolling eyes Very Happy
orionph05
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd and Final Free service done .
All 4 Filters of 1.4 TDI replaced cost Rs 2944
Break up-
Air Filter Element with Rs 325
Fuel Filter Rs 865
Pollen Filter Element Rs 596
Oil Filter Element Rs 587

Oil Change Shell Helix Diesel 3.5 Litres @ Rs 595 Per/ltr = Rs 2081/=
Engine Lackering Rs 600

Total amount paid Rs 6221/=
The filter rates almost match with the rates in the autocar magazine , so prices have come down

From now on at mercy at skoda , only ray of hope cost of spares are down to certain extent compared to last year Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got a certain things done at 25,000 kms
front Brake pads - 2831 (no change in price)
coolant change - 857 (I think 2 litres)
fuse box - 596 (new vehicles have this kit as a spare, we didn't have it:( )
air filter - 596 (old price)
fuel filter - 400+change (new price)

Clearly, some of the parts are still charged at the old price. It seems the price reduction happened very recently and not all the parts with the dealer are new. It will take some time for the price reduction show effect.
uneet
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orionph05 wrote:
2nd and Final Free service done .
All 4 Filters of 1.4 TDI replaced cost Rs 2944
Break up-
Air Filter Element with Rs 325
Fuel Filter Rs 865
Pollen Filter Element Rs 596
Oil Filter Element Rs 587

Oil Change Shell Helix Diesel 3.5 Litres @ Rs 595 Per/ltr = Rs 2081/=
Engine Lackering Rs 600

Total amount paid Rs 6221/=
The filter rates almost match with the rates in the autocar magazine , so prices have come down

From now on at mercy at skoda , only ray of hope cost of spares are down to certain extent compared to last year Very Happy

What is Engine Lackering? Why is it done.

You have been charged with 3.5 ltr. Normally they charge for 4 ltrs. Did you raise any objection?

How much was the total milaege done between the two services?

I really wonder why Skoda has not come up with extended warranty when there are so many takers lined for this! Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
orionph05
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uneet wrote:

What is Engine Lackering? Why is it done.

You have been charged with 3.5 ltr. Normally they charge for 4 ltrs. Did you raise any objection?

How much was the total milaege done between the two services?

I really wonder why Skoda has not come up with extended warranty when there are so many takers lined for this! Surprised[/quote]

Engine Lackering- coating under hood on all visible components which will prevent dust from settling on it , just like car wax on exterior.may last 6 months , (www.orangecare.in)

Engine Oil - Issue every time , dont know what grade oil is filled and whats the quantity and how they charge.

2nd service @ 8800 Kms , first service was @ 2700 Kms.

I will be fixing the sound absorber / engine cover soon in a weeks time

uneet
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Got my second service done. Warranty is also expired now.

The First service was done at 7000 kms while the second at 10500 kms. The running was quite low but still got it serviced as it was already due by time factor and some niggling issues could have been solved under warranty.

I was again charged with 4.2 lts of engine oil and upon my objection they got it chabged to 3.8 ltrs.
Total bill amount was Rs. 6222/-
shailinder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Spare Parts list - latest from Autocar India July 2010 Reply with quote

k_ajay wrote:
Hi Jigbarai and everyone,

Here's the picture of Fabia [petrol & diesel] spare parts' prices, which appeared in this month's AutoCar India magazine. Cheers.

unfortunately, this is the biggest size tinypic will allow me to post. If anyone want this, plz respond here with your email address and I'll be happy to send. Cheers.

Hi Ajay,

Please send me the details at shailinder.dangwal@gmail.com

Thanks
Samir Mullaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Spares Pricelist Reply with quote

Dear Ajay,

Kindly send me the pricelist on samirmullaji@hotmail.com

Thnx & Rgds.

samir mullaji
k_ajay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Spare parts list - Sent Reply with quote

Hi Shailinder, Samir,

Sorry for the delay but I have sent you both the copy of the Spare prices list via my gmail id.

Cheers
aK
jbarai
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock Knock !

Anyone got any service done lately ?
Any feedback / reports to share ?

Drive On!
rajivs9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: 1.2 htp ambience first service Reply with quote

yesterday i had gone for first service at 7000km .iwas told for 4.5 ltr engine oil for Rs900/ per ltr but as ihad information from our fabiaowners site that it is not more than 4 ltr.so i got oil changed in front of me found that one 4ltr oil can was used so i paid only for 4ltr i.e.at Rs900/ per ltr+vat.they told that for diesel car oil is Rs 724/ per ltr.
total cost oil 4 ltr =Rs3600 +vat 13%
plus oil filter =Rs96/+vat
service was good but i have doubt how much oil is really req.
total Rs4730/-
car wash was good
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1.2 htp ambience first service Reply with quote

rajivs9 wrote:
yesterday i had gone for first service at 7000km .iwas told for 4.5 ltr engine oil for Rs900/ per ltr but as ihad information from our fabiaowners site that it is not more than 4 ltr.so i got oil changed in front of me found that one 4ltr oil can was used so i paid only for 4ltr i.e.at Rs900/ per ltr+vat.they told that for diesel car oil is Rs 724/ per ltr.
total Rs4730/-
car wash was good

I am glad that you could use the information provided by our dear members. Surely saved you atleast 500/- bucks.

I can't believe my eyes - is it really Rs 96/- for oil filter or a digit is missing. Finally something for less than a 100 buck Smile.

There is no mention of air and fuel filter. They might have skipped the fuel filter due to low running of your car. Air filter also has a good life but I feel it should have been replaced here. Mere cleaning may not do in our dusty conditions.

Last time they poured 4 liters in my car. The oil is still above the max level. I ll have to make a note of this in the next service.
uneet
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact level is 3.8 Ltrs.

Pls read on my service reports...
rajivs9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.2 htp ambience first service Reply with quote

admin wrote:
rajivs9 wrote:
total Rs4170/-
car wash was good

I am glad that you could use the information provided by our dear members. Surely saved you atleast 500/- bucks.

I can't believe my eyes - is it really Rs 96/- for oil filter or a digit is missing. Finally something for less than a 100 buck Smile.

There is no mention of air and fuel filter. They might have skipped the fuel filter due to low running of your car. Air filter also has a good life but I feel it should have been replaced here. Mere cleaning may not do in our dusty conditions.

Last time they poured 4 liters in my car. The oil is still above the max level. I ll have to make a note of this in the next service.

yes it is the oil filter and it is really less than Rs100 for petrol car.i thank the forum for giving me useful information and saving money.
rajivs9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.2 htp ambience first service Reply with quote

admin wrote:
rajivs9 wrote:
total Rs4170/-
car wash was good

yes it is the oil filter and it is really less than Rs100 for petrol car.I wanted to actually convince them that it is 3.8ltr but could not do so as the oil can was 4ltr.i thank the forum for giving me useful information and saving money.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my bill for the 3rd service (non-free) at 31.5k kms. No coolant and brake-pads changed as they were changed in July at 25k kms

Ajay, this one is for you. Bill for the speakers at the rear.

uneet
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin,

How much has been your total expense till date for the car services?

Let us evaluate the cost comparing to other diesel cars in the same category.
swastikpanigrahi
Been Around Fabiosi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Spare Parts list - latest from Autocar India July 2010 Reply with quote

k_ajay wrote:
Hi Jigbarai and everyone,

Here's the picture of Fabia [petrol & diesel] spare parts' prices, which appeared in this month's AutoCar India magazine. Cheers.

unfortunately, this is the biggest size tinypic will allow me to post. If anyone want this, plz respond here with your email address and I'll be happy to send. Cheers.

Hi,

I am new to this forum, also new to Fab.
So I need to keep this photo for future, can you please post me on swastik2swastik@yahoo.co.in as its not clearly visible.

Thanks..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE FABIA CLUB Forum Index -> Engine Block & Tech Talk All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: